Monday, September 28, 2009

My First Contest

Last night, I prepared and submitted my first ever entry to a contest! It's very exciting and I'm rather proud of myself. In the face painting world, it is customary to compete, be it on line competitions or at conventions. There are all sorts of things an artist can do. One series of competitions on-line is held by a paint manufacturer, and they have a whole list of categories like butterflies, holiday, utilize the ear, or even including a man's beard in the design. The competitons at conventions are day-long events and the body art is elaborate. They hold an awards ceremony and people get all dressed up.

My entry is for a painter's forum I belong to. Each month they have a new topic to help foster creativity. The submission has to be in the form of a how-to to help others learn how to paint. We have all month to submit an entry, and after the end of the month, the members vote on the best. This month, the winner wins a Kryolan UV Palatte.

The topic was "Changing Seasons." I spent a while thinking about this one. Eventually I was inspired by the movies like Fantasia and Thumbelina that have faries fly around and bring in each season. I thought of the dawn and little faries waking up the flowers for Spring.

Wish me Luck!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment